Research at AWRI
Experienced Researchers, Clinical Coordinators, Research Nurses and teams of administrative support specialists have been conducting research at Ascension Wisconsin facilities for over 35 years.
Learn more about research at AWRI.
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses, more than 100 related healthcare facilities and employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians from Racine to Eagle River. Serving Wisconsin since 1848, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Learn more about Ascension Wisconsin here.
The main research sites at Ascension Wisconsin include:
- Columbia St. Mary's Milwaukee
- Columbia St. Mary's Ozaukee
- All Saints Hospital Racine
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Franklin Hospital
- Elmbrook Hospital
- St. Francis Hospital
- St. Francis Reiman Cancer Center
- St. Elizabeth's Hospital and Cancer Center
- Mercy Campus
- Staff and facilities to conduct a variety of clinical trials including investigational drug (phase II-IV studies), biologic or device trials, phase II-IV studies, device studies.
- Experienced principal investigators with national and international reputations and experience in conducting clinical trials.
- Highly experienced, certified clinical research coordinators with extensive experience and expertise in the management of all research related activities.
- Professional Research Nurses in multiple specialty areas.
- Regulatory affairs staff to assist with IRB documentation and contracts.
- Wide array of on-site personnel, depending on facility, including the full range of medical and surgical specialties, pharmacy, neurology, social services, etc.
- Multiple research sites across WI, including comprehensive facilities that include reception areas, physical exam rooms, monitor rooms, inpatient beds, investigational pharmacy drug management, refrigerator and freezer for storage of temperature sensitive material, data storage, on-site laboratory.
Specialties and Focus Area
The focus of research at Ascension Wisconsin aligns with the priority service lines; Oncology, Neurosciences, Women and Families, Cardiovascular and Orthopedics.
Ascension Wisconsin researchers have experience conducting a variety of clinical trials including investigational drug (phase II-IV studies), biologic or device trials, phase II-IV studies, device studies.
You can search our currently enrolling trials here.